The leadership of our congregation decided on the cancellation after discussing the blizzard warnings posted for southeastern Connecticut by the National Weather Service. The forecast called for sustained winds of 40 m.p.h., gusting to 50 m.p.h., blowing and drifting snow, with a snowfall that could reach 8 inches — all of which were expected to reach their peak during the morning hours when our service is scheduled.
Our “Red Shirt Day” will be rescheduled for next Sunday.
We wish our friends and members a blessed Sunday, and ask you to keep those of our fellowship who may be affected by storm conditions in your prayers for safety and well-being.
If you’d like to read this Sunday’s Narrative Lectionary texts, you can download them by clicking this link.